Hot Stone Therapy
A treatment that goes beyond the physical experience of a massage and enters a deeper dimension of relaxation, health and wellbeing. The warm basalt stones are used to massage with and sometimes placed on vital energy points. A deeper massage is achieved with the stones as each stroke is equivalent to at least five with the hands.
Hot Stone Aromatherapy Massage 75 mins £58
A full body, face and scalp massage using a variety of massage techniques, essential oils and warm basalt stones to deeply relax and balance the mind and body.
Hot Stone Total Balance 120 mins £88
The warm basalt stones are used to massage in combination with organic essential oils for a deeply relaxing full body massage. Stones are placed on vital energy points to improve energy levels and promote a sense of wellbeing. A scalp massage and a prescriptive Neal's Yard Remedies facial complete this total body balancing treatment.
What is Hot Stone Therapy?
Hot Stone Therapy originated in Tuscan Arizona in 1993 by Mary Hannigan. It is now one of the fastest growing massage techniques of today. The use of hot stones is not however a new concept. The Chinese, Japanese and Indians have all used stones for ritual and healing over thousands of years.
Water heated, smooth basalt lava stones are used as well as traditional massage and Aromatherapy oils. Stones from volcanic origins are effective due to their thermal and energy conductive qualities.
The therapist will use the stone to massage with, they can also be laid out on the couch for the client to lie on, placed on the body or given to hold, there are also small stones that can be placed between the toes. Warm stones glide over the skin and warmth radiates through the body. A deeper massage can be achieved with the stones as one massage stroke with the stone is equivalent to 5-10 with the hand.
Stone Therapy is an effective form of healing stimulating the body’s self healing processes.
Stone Therapy is effective on a spiritual level assisting with:
- Grounding, balancing and releasing blocked tension and stress.
- Refreshes the mind body and soul.
- Promotes a sense of wellbeing
Warm stones provide the soothing heat for deep tissue work on the body bringing about the following effects:
- Respiration is increased and then slowed down, enabling the client to go into a deeper state of relaxation.
- Circulation is improved.
- Increased nutrition to the muscles
- Increases metabolism, the rate at which the body processes food, burns energy and clears toxins
- Increases cell metabolism, the rate at which the body manufactures chemicals such as hormones.
- Increases lymph function which can detoxify and boost the immune system.
- Muscle tension released, and improves range of movement
Cold stones can also be used which will help with
- Reduction of inflammation
- Balancing energy levels very quickly by the use of alternating temperatures.
- Produce an analgesic effect
Stone Therapy can help with
- Muscular aches and pains
- Poor circulation
- Rheumatic and arthritic conditions
- Back pain
- Stress, anxiety and tension